Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Writely woes.

I'm having a problem with College for Witches. Actually I'm having a lot of problems, but this is a new one that's really frustrating me.

I want my two main characters, Elvira and Aiden, to have sex. And the two of them are more than willing. Every time I try to write a scene where they kiss, it escalates to them almost ripping each others clothes off no matter where they are which they don't have permission to do yet.

So you're probably wondering, what's the problem? You want them to and they want to. Well, the problem is this: I can't figure out how to fit it into the story.

Aiden breaks it off with El in the middle of the story, but I do want them to get back together after El goes through something traumatic. But I feel like if they have sex before he breaks it off it will make people hate him and not want him back in her life. Cause sex is a big deal to El. And I'm afraid that if they do it after the traumatic event it will be like she's only doing it because she's scared and grateful. Which isn't what I want it to be about.

I guess for now everyone is going to have to stay fully dressed whether they like it or not. Cause I'm the author and I say so!

1 comment:

Scarlett Parrish said...

Maybe both times they could...?

I know. I'm naughty. ;)

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!