Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Writing Meme

Your genre(s): I write mostly adult Urban Fantasies but I've been experimenting in YA books the past couple of months. I still like UF the best but I'm slowly getting better with YA.

How many books are you working on now
: Right now my main book is my NaNo novel, The Freshman Affair. And if I ever have any extra time after working on that, Gwen and Jay demand my attention. Constantly. Seriously, they won't shut up.
I still haven't finish my last year's novel, College for Witches, but it needs a total make over before it will ever be finished. So far now, it's on the back burner.

Are you a linear or chunk writer
: Mostly a linear writer, but when I get stuck or I'm in a particular mood, I'll skip ahead to a scene that fits that mood or is thrilling enough to get me unstuck.

The POV you’re partial to
: First person, first person, first person. It's been a really long time since I've used any other. When I realized that, I decided to try third person limited for my NaNo. There's the occasional miss use of pronouns but other than that I'm liking it. I still think I do better with first though.

The Tense you u
se: Past. Hands down.

The theme that keeps cropping up in your books
: Sex.

Okay not just sex. Also violence, love, pain, and lots of death. What can I say? I like to put my characters through hell.

How many days a week do you write
: I try to write at least five days a week. With NaNo it's all seven. Before NaNo, it was probably closer to three, but I'm working on it,

What time of day do you get your best writing done
: Latish. Like midnight or later.Or right away in the morning if I actually manage to walk up.

Who are your mentors
: Err... I don't really have any. I just try to listen to people who have been writing longer and have had some success with it. I'll take all the help and advice I can get.

My favorite authors to read
: Well there's Laurell K Hamiliton, who really turned me on to Urban Fantasy. Katie MacAlister, Kim Harrison, and Madelyn Alt have also helped there. Annette Blair has help nurture my love for paranormal romances.

Then there's the more serious works, like Doyle and Austen. Chuck Palahniuk and Ian McEwan are new favorites. And, of course, I love me some Shakespeare.

This Meme was shamefully stolen from Lori. Thanks for giving me something to post about. =]

No comments:

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!