Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Things I Do...

The things that I do to get myself through the day at work (a gas station that pays a measly seven dollars an hour) are pretty funny, at least to me.

The other day, a college age looking boy came in. He walked around for awhile then came to buy his stuff, like everyone else. He looked at me strangely, and I returned the look.

"Can I get you anything else?" I asked, a little freaked.

"How'd you get that bruise on your face?" He blurted out rather rudely.

I stared at him for a minute, debating how to answer (just so no one is worried, I got the bruise from getting my wisdom teeth removed). I decided that, since I would most likely never see this kid again, I might as well make it interesting.

I looked at him very seriously and answered, "I got punched in the face." His eyes widen and he looked alarm. I finished it off with a wicked grin and the classic line, "But you should see the other guy."

He stared at me, his mouth slightly hanging open, then hastily grabbed his stuff and left the store. As soon as I couldn't see him anymore I cracked. I laughed for about three minutes, picturing the look on his face the whole time.

I gotta say, I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to keep a straight face. I went through the rest of my shift with a smile on my face.

No comments:

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!