Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pride. I has it.

So one week ago today, I joined a gym and started to eat healthier. I've gone every day except for one. Already, I feel better. I have more energy, I'm thinking clearer, and I want to keep going every time I'm there. I have to stop myself so I don't end up hurting in the morning. And in this week, I've lost...... six pounds!

After the first week, it's not healthy to lose more than two pounds, so this is likely to be my biggest lose. But it's a hell of a start. I'm only weighing myself once a week so I don't get discourage when the numbers are just melting away.

One of the reasons I'm proud of myself is because I'm not good at sticking to things. One week and I'm going strong. I owe that to the lovely people over at AW who have been holding me accountable. They're helping more than they realize.

Since I've been working out, it's been easier to get other things done that I've been lacking. Mostly school. I'm still behind, but I'm slowly and surely catching up.

Every week, I'm going to post my progress, even if I don't lose weight. I've promised myself that I won't let that discourage me. I'll tell myself, "Muscle weighs more than fat, look in the mirror instead of the scale, are my clothes looser?"

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Scarlett Parrish said...

Well done you; six pounds is an amazing amount!

PS: Hello again, this is me under my new guise. :D

Dan said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!