Friday, January 16, 2009

I get my hopes up way too easily

My dad is a computer programmer. A very good computer programmer. He's spent a lot of his adult life (including most of my childhood) traveling for his job. This meant I also got to travel a lot, at least for visits (my favorite was L.A. by far). His contract for one company would end, and he would search for a new one. But from the time he starts looking for a new job and when he actually gets one can be rather long. He usually has a couple different prospects but it depends on quite a few variables before he actually chooses/gets one of them.

Keep in mind that I'm really tired while typing this, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

So, why am I talking about this? Because my dad's contract at his current job is going to be over with in a few months. He's been looking at a couple other places, including Boston, Mas, a.k.a my birth place. I was only about three months old if I remember correctly when we moved away from Boston. And for quite some time now, I've had a huge hankering to go back. Like, Huge. So when my dad calls me up and mentions this, my heart goes soaring.

At first I thinking, Holy I'm actually going to be able to visit Boston! Which really would have been enough for me. But then, my dad (or maybe it was me) brought up me living there. And he (this time I know it was him) mentions being able to go up to New York City (which I've wanted to do since I was like eight. It's even on my To Do List). And now, I'm so set on this happening.

Which, experience has taught me, means I'm in for a huge disappointment.

No comments:

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!