Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My morning.

It's been an eventful morning so far (and yes, I realize it's only 8:00 am).

(Note: I haven't been to sleep yet...)

I got a text at about 5 a.m. from my friend saying her mom was in the hospital, with what they thought was cancer. So, I threw on some sweatpants and drove over there. This friend was the first one I had when I moved to this town. Her mom was like my second mom for quite awhile. I sat with her until 7:30 a.m. and then her parents came home. They still couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. I almost cried. Mary, my friend, just wanted to go back to sleep so I headed back home.

The drive home, reminded how much I hate living in Minnesota during the winter. I barely went over 40 mph the whole way there and back. And it's like a half hour drive. I almost had a panic attack during the entire drive. It was awful. I would miss the snow and even the cold, but driving in the winter makes me wish I lived in a place like Cali, where it was hot all the time and I didn't have to worry about slippery roads. Or maybe NYC, where I could still enjoy the snow, but could just take taxis everywhere and not have to drive.

For those of you who have never driven in Minnesota in the middle of the winter, I envy you.

No comments:

 
Absolute Write
AW Bloggers Unite!
AW Bloggers Unite!